DefinedCrowd Corporation, which is located at 111 W. John Street Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98119, United States of America, operating as Defined.ai ("Defined.ai" or "Company"), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through this Privacy Notice.
When visiting the careers portion of our Website (www.defined.ai), we collect the information that you provide to us in connection with your job application.
1. What information do we collect?
We might collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Identity data (e.g., your first and last names);
- Business and personal contact information (e.g., email address, country and phone number);
- Professional credentials and skills;
- Educational and work history (e.g., companies and job roles);
- Other information that may be included in a resume - this may also include diverse information that you voluntarily provide.
2. Why do we collect your data?
- Initiate the hiring process with our HR department (should this occur);
- Assess your suitability as a candidate and your qualifications for the job;
- Carry out data analysis when analyzing the candidate's suitability for the opportunity;
- Assessing individual performance and capabilities;
- Identify qualification development needs;
- Using information related to the suitability of individuals for opportunities;
- Provide notices about your job application.
3. What are your rights regarding the information collected and processed?
Concerning your information that is collected and/or processed by Defined.ai, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: You may request Defined.ai to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information.
- Right of rectification: If our information about you is incorrect, you may request Defined.ai to rectify your information. This includes the right to have incomplete information completed, taking into account the purpose of the processing.
- Right to erasure: You may request Defined.ai to erase your information, for instance, if the information is unlawfully processed or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Right to object: You may request Defined.ai to object to the processing of your personal data when the processing is based on legitimate interests, public interest, or the exercise of official authority. Additionally, You have the right to object to direct marketing activities, including profiling for marketing purposes.
- Right to restrict processing: You may request Defined.ai to restrict the processing of your information if (i) the information is inaccurate, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or (iv) you have objected to the processing and verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: You may request Defined.ai to provide you with an electronic file of your information or transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
- Right to lodge a complaint: Ultimately, you may lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
4. How to exercise your rights?
To exercise any of the above rights, please submit a verifiable Consumer Privacy Request to Defined.ai: by email at [email protected]. We will respond to your requests without undue delay but within one month. If permitted under applicable legislation, Defined.ai may extend the response period by two further months if such is necessary due to the complexity and number of requests.
5. Who has access to your information?
Defined.ai will disclose personal information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend Defined.ai property and legal rights, or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement authorities. Unless described in this PolicyPrivacy Notice, Defined.ai does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
6. How is my information protected?
Defined.ai will maintain appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, and will restrict access at Defined.ai to those who need to know the information. Defined.ai will securely delete your data when the purpose(s) have been satisfied in accordance with Company's data handling and retention protocols.
7. How long do We keep your personal data?
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you with the service, so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations and exercise our rights concerning the information involved. Where we do not need your information to provide the service to you, we retain it only for so long as we have a legitimate business purpose in retaining such data. In general, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- Purpose of collection: personal data will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the specific purpose for which it was collected. After achieving this objective, the data will be erased or anonymized;
- Legal basis: the legal basis for processing the data must be taken into account. In some cases, the law may require certain data to be retained for a specific period (e.g., for tax purposes or compliance with regulations);
- Contracts and obligations: if the data is necessary for the performance of a contract or agreement between you and Defined.ai, the retention period may be determined by that contractual period;
- Legal prescription periods: in some situations, personal data may be retained for a period defined by specific laws, such as prescription periods for legal actions;
- Defined.ai legitimate interests: this interest must be balanced with the rights and interests of the data subject before determining the retention period;
- Consent: if the processing of data is based on your consent, Defined.ai shall ensure that the data is retained only for the period authorized by the consent and that this consent is renewed when necessary.
We will regularly review our retention periods for personal information to ensure data quality and keep data up to date and accurate.